Monday, February 13, 2012

Currently - Snow Day!!

Our district called our first snow day of the school year today. I, personally, was excited -- others, not so much. :) It just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have at least one snow day this year. We might get another one tomorrow as they are calling for another 3 or so inches of snow mixed with freezing rain (which I am NOT excited about). 

Anyhoo... I decided I'd post my first "Currently" post today, an idea I stole from Farley's blog. I decided to go with the snow template instead of hearts in honor of our first snow day. Enjoy!


You might be wondering about "OLW." It stands for one little word. I could explain it all here, but I'd miss out on the opportunity to link up to another fantastic blog. So visit Ali Edward's blog to learn about one little word. :) 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing what OLW meant - I have been wondering about that...

    Mrs. Poland @
    thinkwonderteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Mrs. P! I had to do a little bit of searching myself to figure out what it mean. Hope to see you around here more often! :)

      Josh

      Delete
  2. I love this!!! I'm going to have to create some kindergarten versions to use with sentences under 5 words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, that's a great idea! Thanks for stopping by my lil ole' blog! :)

      Josh

      Delete
  3. Hi Josh:
    Glad to see that you joined Farley's linky. It's a bit of a tradition in Blogland...
    Here's a question for you: Are your anchor charts on NEON chart paper? Where did you get that? It looks so FUN!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kim!

      My anchor charts are on neon paper. I got it at our local educational supply store. It's a Chart Tablet 24x36 Brite Flip Chart from Top Notch Teacher Products Inc. They had lots of "cutesy" type paper that my 4th graders would "LOL" at, so the neon seemed the way to go. They love it!

      Thanks for the follow! I'll hop on over to your blog on my plan time to check it out too! Teacher bloggers have to stick together! :)

      Have a great Friday!

      Josh

      Delete
  4. Hi Josh. I'm a new follower :)

    Wow, is it really snowing!! Lucky. I cannot wait to see the snow... one day.

    I really liked your anchor charts and cannot wait to hear more about your year with the Beach Brains, so I am awarding the Leibster Award. Come on over to my blog to grab it.

    Have a good one xx
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmy,

      Thank you so much for the Leibster Award! I'll make sure to pay it forward. As for the snow, I live in Missouri and the weather is so strange here. One day it snows, the next day it's 50-something-odd degrees. Crazy!

      Thanks again!

      Josh

      Delete