Wednesday, May 16, 2012

School's OUT! & Currently

<breaks out air guitar & sings>

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!! Doesn't feel good to breathe that sigh of relief as you are walking out of the building and heading home? Rest & relaxation is finally here! Today was a bittersweet today, though - saying goodbye to kids & co-workers, yet looking forward to the challenges and opportunities coming in the fall. Our district holds a year end BBQ where they give out service awards and I was presented with my 5 year plaque today. It's always nice to get a pat on the back and an atta-boy!

Do you have any big plans for your summer? I have a few things going on - I will be working at my church for June & July helping them with our 4th & 5th grade kids camp. Even though it's a summer job, it is relaxing and fun to hang out with the kids from church. I'm hoping to get a couple weekend trips and back yard BBQ's in there somewhere. We shall see what happens!

Now that I'm done with school, I took this opportunity to get my May Currently done for Farley's linky party!

Click the Currently pic to go to Farley's  blog! :)

This summer will also consist of my wife & I working through the adoption process. We haven't been paired with anyone yet, but we're still only beginning the process and will be journaling about it in our adoption blog called Bringing Baby Bennett Home. Check it out if you have a moment!

Ok, it's time for me to get ready for church! I'll be blogging more often so check back for updates soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment